Friday, June 12, 2009

Made it through!




Well it has almost been one week since my first major Hoyleton event took place.--And I still have a job! I guess that means it was a success.


(annoucing awards)

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am very detail-oriented. When accepting my job in mid-April, I was almost thrown right in the middle of a major annual event of my non-profit organization--that had already been planned. This meant that a lot of time was spent catching up, reading notes, and attempting to get-to-know all of the point people that I would be working with. Needless to say, there were a lot of sleepless nights.




When all was said and done, however, the event ended without too much of a hitch. We did not make as much as we have in previous years, which was to be expected with the dwindling economy. My leg-work did save quite a hefty chunk of money when it comes to prizes and giveaways, and many things were consolidated. (If only we could have gotten a few more major sponsors and teams!)




I got a pat on the back from my two bosses, not before a few "well we always have things we can improve upon's." (Better than I expected.)




In the midst of all the stress, I did have plenty of enjoyable moments throughout the day. I got to cruise around on a golf cart, witness military aircraft in action (the tournament was held on Scott Air Force Base--Very cool.), and enjoy my co-workers on a more enjoyable, personal level. It was very apparent (in the middle of the afternoon, once everything was running smoothly) that my fellow co-workers were seemably just as nervous and stressed out about the event as I had been. Oh well, it wasn't anything a speedy ride on a golf cart wouldn't fix.



I guess that was the event in a nutshell. I know some of you were curious about the experience--there you go!




1 comment:

  1. Yay for you! I am so glad that everything went well. You rock!

    ReplyDelete